KeyVR update introduces Augmented Reality and KeyVR Connect
Luxion, the maker of KeyShot®, has released an update to KeyVR that introduces new multi-user sessions with KeyVR Connect along with new augmented reality and environment control capabilities for the creation of interactive product experiences.
With KeyVR, Luxion has introduced 3D professionals to One-Click VR that offers the fastest route available to go from 3D to VR whether the need is for design reviews and concept approvals or customer walkthroughs and interactive presentations. Built on the core framework of Luxion’s KeyShot 3D rendering software, KeyVR offers an unmatched level of realism and material fidelity with the highest quality results and widest support among VR hardware. Along with many UI/UX updates, this release of KeyVR adds the largest number of features to date including new tool and interface capabilities, more control and accessibility options, with many performance optimizations and new licensing options.
Introducing KeyVR Connect
KeyVR Connect provides users the ability to colleagues around the world, in the same virtual space, at the same time, leading to enhanced communication and increased time for collaborative design exploration. KeyVR use cases span the spectrum of the design pipeline, used for rapid design review, virtual stores, architectural presentations and more. KeyVR Connect includes the same features of KeyVR with options for users to host a session or join a session for machines connected on the same network as well as set up paths for automatic loading and sharing of scenes.
New Tools and Interface Capabilities
- Augmented Reality – Augmented reality is here with the new XR Mode that replaces the scene environment with real-time camera imagery if available (supports Valve Index, Varjo XR product line and NVIDIA’s CloudXR 1.0 and 2.0 on desktop and mobile devices).
- Measure Tool – The new Measure tool allows users to make any number of measurements in the scene and includes optional snapping.
- Precise Move Objects – The new Precise Move Objects tool allows users to move objects with greater precision without accidental jittering and includes optional snapping.
- Held Objects – Users may now rotate objects in Precise or Regular Move Object mode with optional snapping. Objects held in Move Object mode will now remain in-hand while the user is flying, teleporting, or switching cameras with the other controller.
- Scene Units – Scene unit selection is now available for measurements and snapping.
- Teleport Rotation – When a user teleports from one location to another they may now rotate while teleporting by dragging a line.
- Multiple Ground Levels – Define different levels through camera placement and stay aligned to the ground when teleporting in scenes with multiple floors.
- Avatar Scaling – User may scale their avatar between 1/1000x and 20x of their actual height. Useful to inspect smaller scenes in more detail or adjust scenes with incorrect scale on-the-fly.
Control and Accessibility Options
- Confine to Environment – Users may now confine the VR user to the scene’s environment to prevent accidental escape.
- Mouse Support – Support for using the mouse as a controller replacement when in VR mode is now available to allow remote controlling of VR experiences.
- Controller Improvements – Rotation in fly mode has been changed from swipe to normal analog stick move or button press (depending on controller) to allow for faster turning. Controller vibration can now be toggled on or off.
- Customizable Resolution – Users now have a set of fully customizable graphics settings which include presets for Ultra, High, Medium, and Low.
Performance Optimizations and Licensing
- Material Baking – New material baking allows KeyVR to support various material effects better, such as Labels, and caching provides for improved load times.
- NVIDIA VRS Support – Support for NVIDIA Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology on supported GPUs provides improved performance while maintaining high visual fidelity.
- Memory Optimization – Memory optimizations now allows KeyVR to load scenes with many more environments than before.
- New Licensing Options – New options for Subscription, Floating, and Node-locked licenses are now available and delivered on Luxion’s new licensing system which allows automatic activation and removes the need for serial codes.
The KeyVR update is available immediately. All current KeyVR subscribers will receive a notification and update option when they start KeyVR. With a KeyVR subscription, customers receive all the updates released throughout the year.
Contact us for more information: