AR app development without programmingDevelop augmented reality applications without programming
Interactive instructionsShow instructions such as installation and removal of components, directly on the machine
Presentation without productProbe and explore your product spatially
- Modern presentation of new products and functionality
- Differentiating services around your products
- Time and cost savings in the creation of instructions
- Present digital products everywhere
For service employees
- On-site support through guided service procedures
- Clear and understandable service instructions
For end customers
- Improved, easy to understand explanations of product differences
- Clear and understandable instructions
- Possibility to do simple maintenance work yourself
Easy development of augmented reality applications
Augmented reality (AR) is often used in the gaming and consumer goods industries, but is also increasingly being used in the automotive industry, aerospace engineering, mechanical and plant engineering and retail.
The augmented reality solution Vuforia Studio from PTC offers a whole world of new possibilities for the design, maintenance and control of products. For example, service processes can be optimised and errors avoided with the help of mobile devices. To do this, maintenance personnel scan a ThingMark, similar to a QR code on the product or plant, with a mobile device. The augmented reality application then displays the process for replacing the spare part.
The latest technology platform for augmented reality
The Vuforia View platform offers numerous of possibilities for the creation of augmented reality applications. The software uses „machine vision“ to recognise objects, images, cylinders, texts, boxes as well as frame markings (ThingMark) similar to QR codes. These objects can then be provided with additional information, such as the display of 3D models, current consumption values or information on service intervals and instructions for the installation and expansion of components.
Vuforia Studio consists of the authoring system for creating augmented reality applications without programming knowledge:
- Vuforia Experience Service: Here, the created augmented reality applications are published and the interfaces to other data and applications are defined.
- Vuforia View: App for mobile end devices to display the augmented reality application, for example for service and maintenance personnel.
- Creo Illustrate for the definition of animations
Experience Augmented Reality (AR) live
If you have an iPhone (from 5s), an iPad (from Air) or an Android device, you can test the free Vuforia View app. From the iPhone 6s or the iPad Pro (ARKit), the app can be used without Thingmark.
At the beginning, print out the ThingMark for the KTM model, place it on a table or on the floor and scan it with the app. There you will have access to the following features related to the KTM model:
- Zoom, rotate and „walk around“ the model
- Current values such as consumption, battery level and water temperature
- Complete exploded view and installation and deinstallation of the front wheel
- Technical data.