The working environment is critical for the efficient deployment of all computer applications. The more complex the situation, the more important this component becomes. The start-up time for the user, that is the time required until he can actually begin creating value, must be optimised. A well thought out working environment adapted to the needs of the company, automatically ensures a much higher degree of standardisation and provides the basis for working guidelines.
The working environment includes all configurations, objects and tools for immediate and productive use. All elements are aligned to each other and are available after installation as a basis for your own working environment.
Working Environment with Central Administration
- Guidelines for installation, start objects, naming conventions, filing, plotting, parameters, layers, simplified representations, forms and templates as well as company specific concepts
- Configuration files for Creo Elements/Pro settings: Drawing, BOM, Mapkeys, ModelCHECK configuration
- Synchronised objects: Start parts, symbols, formats, reports, UDFs
- Creo Elements/Pro examples with assemblies, parts and drawings
- B&W modules SmartLibrary Lite for screw and pin connections and SmartMenu Lite with extended right mouse button menus
Central Administration of your Product Development Environment
Central storage of all configuration settings and objects as well as the option to graphically configure diverse working environments ensures support for all user requirements within a Creo Elements/Pro workplace (including Pro/INTRALINK, Windchill ProductPoint, Windchill PDMLink). The working environment considers site-specific requirements such as
- Plot environments
- Installation standards
- License and software availability
Project-specific requirements can be provided at every workstation by using the working environment.
Configurable requirements (selection)
- Use of a specific Creo Elements/Pro installation (Pro/E release or build)
- Choose a Creo Elements/Pro startkey
- Display available licenses
- Contents of all configuration files
- (config.sup, config.pro, config.win) and therefore all references to relevant settings (plot environment, drawing setups, libraries …)
- Language settings for Creo Elements/Pro, Pro/INTRALINK, Windchill PDMLink, Windchill ProductPoint and TOOLBOX
- Definition of additional variables
- Specific TOOLBOX settings
- Start of additional 3rd party applications before the launch and after exiting the application (e.g. backup of Pro/INTRALINK workspaces at the end of a session)
- Startkey synchronisation
New: B&W modules SmartLibrary Lite and SmartMenu Lite
SmartLibrary offers bolt and screw connections via an interactive user interface. SmartMenu extends the right-mouse menu with useful Creo Elements/Pro commands.